Monday, March 24, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 9: Treasure Hunt part 1

[SPOILER WARNING: I started the treasure hunt. I've left off some of the exact details of this mission, but there are some spoilers here.]

Alright, I decided that it is time to get some satellites out. I had sent one of my Rapiers out, to get some, only to realize later that it didn't have M sized cargo containers. Fine, I'll send my Buster out to get the job done. I did some other management with my ships, then decided to check out a few gaps on my universe map.

First, I had to take a quick shortcut through a Xenon Sector. I wanted get some revenge, but after losing almost all my shields, I decided to just keep moving on.

I hate Xenon, soooooo much.

I also took a quick trip across a pirate sector where I noticed one of the stations nearby had an "offer" posted. When I contacted the station, a Teladi offered me some info on a missing ship. It would cost me 50,000 cr, but I had the funds.

He told me that a Yaki ship with some precious cargo had been spotted in a remote sector. I hadn't been there before, and wanted to do some exploring.

This sector has a lot of rocks!
When I got to the sector I found a ship hanging out. I tried to hail, but didn't get any response. I decided to take a bit more aggressive approach to get him to reply.

Hello? Anyone home?
He had deployed a satellite in the area, so I blew it to dust. Then I took out one of the laser towers. After that, he decided that I was worth talking to.

He said that he had seen a ship pass through the area, but I'd have to replace his satellite before he'd tell me. I didn't have one one me, so I had to jump to Argon Prime, pick it up and more energy cells, then jump back.

It seems that the Yaki ship had passed this way, and the owner wanted to sell off his precious cargo. To find the seller, I'd have to decipher a set of clues.

Oh, boy....
I figured out where the clue was pointing me, and I jumped there. It also seemed that the next clue was going to be hidden inside an asteroid. I picked up a mineral scanner and began checking them.

So I searched and searched.
Found it, but my weapons have no effect!
After finding it, I didn't have any weapons that could crack this rock. So, I called in my Miner-1 and jumped over to it real quick.


Turret is in the back, have to turn.
BOOM!
A data storage device was hidden inside. I grabbed it and found the next clue. This one was a bit more difficult. I'd have to try and figure out what it means by "Foundation Guild HQ". I hope this is going to be worth the headache....

Where to now?

No comments:

Post a Comment