Sunday, March 23, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 8:

[SPOILER WARNING: Several parts of the X3:TC Goner Plot are detailed below.]

So I take a look at my ships again. I set up my Vulture Tanker as a sector trader in Scale Plate Green. I still need to get a ship out to get the explorer software and get some satellites set up around here. I send one of my Rapiers off to Teladi space to get some software.

In Elysium of Light, the Goner tell me that they need 2000 units of ore to help get their temple construction project back on track. I'd need some transport ships. Since my Vulture was already set up for a sector trader I leave it, and jump to my Caiman Tanker I left in Split space.

Goner Oziam (wonder if I can cap it?)

I make sure it has shields and some other base equipment, but then have it follow me back. I don't want to have it autopilot into Xenon space. So we take the long way through some sectors I haven't explored before.

On the way I find another Caiman Tanker for sell. I buy it and have it follow me too. With a quick pit stop to make sure that ship also had some shields, then we pass into Mines of Fortune. I have both load up on ore.

Just then I get a message that a Xenon Q had destroyed my ship in Scale Plate Green. Arg! Are these Xenon attacks increasing? I'm going to have to go hunting...

I also get a message about an Argon convoy that was attacked by the Yaki. Not sure what that is about, so I ignore it and keep going on.

Finally I make it back to Elysium of Light and drop off the Ore. So I have all the ships dock at a nearby station and move over to one of the tankers. Now I take the two ships south to get more ore.

Ah, back to hauling ore... there is something nice about getting back how you started out. After the next trip all the ore is delivered, but now they need silicon wafers. Just 200, so that should fit on just one ship, I haul it and get my pay.

Haul'n Ore

After the ore and silicon they now need some teladianium. This is just a quick jump, buy, jump back and another paycheck. They didn't have any immediate work for me, so I decided to head out to Scale Plate Green for revenge.

Die Xenon!

After blowing the Xenon Q to scrap, I get a call back from the Goner. They ordered some teladianium plating from Bright Profit. I switch back to my Caiman, but then realize I don't know where Bright Profit is. I jump to the sector that I think might link close to it, but that ends up being a bit off. Then I guess right on the second attempt and get the plating.

Next, they needed some TS ships. I could give over my Caimans, but I think three cheap Mercs will do for what they need.

Mercs!

The Goner were pleased, but had decided that to move forward they need their own teladianium foundry. This was a routine buy/ship/setup for a station. Teladi station transport ships are so slow, so there was a lot of waiting. It is a good thing that I had taken out that Q in SPG, or that might have been an issue.

My second station... no, it belongs to the Goner.

After this was built, I collected my pay and then saw a quick job to transport some workers. It was just one sector away, and over 2 million credits. I took the Vidar, in case any trouble cropped up, but none did. Easy money.

While I was docking to drop off the workers, I got a call that a ship with the Goner council was under attack. I jumped over and shot down the Yaki pirates that were attacking. Then another attack on a station... then another. Each time I took out the pirates, but it seems this was a distraction.

Help help!

The Yaki captured the council ship while I was away, I got it back, but Jani Hall (the Goner Beholder) had been taken. I found the ship and had to follow it, keeping my distance, across several large sectors.

Lots of this.

I had a few pirates attack me on the way, but there were no match for the Vidar's fire power. Eventually it docked at a base, but Hall managed to get a spacesuit and jump out into space (a popular options it seems). I pick him up and head out.

On the way back I got a message from the other Goner council members. They thanked me for saving them, and as a reward gave me their ship, the Truelight Seeker.

After getting Hall back, he told me that the only option was to destroy the pirate base. Well, I guess he's all for getting to the root of the matter. Well, when I get there I'm told to hold off. It seems that an Argon spy is on the station. In order to save him and blow the base I need to dock and deliver some space weed with a squash mine hidden in it, and get him off. then blow the thing remotely.

Well, that would be fine except I couldn't find anyone with squash mines. Even the two factories that produce them that I knew about were all out and lacking in resources. I got one of my trucks to buy up some Nostrop Oil and bring it to one of the mine factories, and I got some warheads. Back and forth for awhile while I let the stock pile up some. After 15 were produced, I had my truck pick them up, but kept on supplying the base to get them made.

It took awhile, but I got the 60 mines, then went to a Teladi sector that had space weed for sale. I got that and then jumped back to the pirate sector. I docked with the base, to got the Argon, and got out of there. Once we were clear I activated the mines.

The lessen here: don't mess with the Goner.

Unfortunately, I had used up most of my energy cells and couldn't jump back... it was another long flight across huge empty sectors before I got back where I could buy some energy cells and jump back to the Elysium of Light.

As a reward, the Goner gave me an "Unfocused Jumpdrive" I don't know how to use it yet, or what it does, but I have a feeling that this is going to be interesting.

Taking stock after this adventure, I found that I had lost two more of my trucks. My first Universe Trader was gone and I couldn't fine the message of what happened to it. I messed up on one of my sector traders. Scale Plate Green is right next to a Xenon sector, and I set up a trader to go up to 3 jumps out. Looks like I need to take a break from missions and just get my ships in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment