Friday, March 21, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 7: To Aldrin

[SPOILER WARNING: This post continues on the Terran Plot quest]

I arrived at the Terran Shipyard in Mars and was told that a man named Winters was behind the Transformer attacks. They had an idea of where he might be, but before heading out they wanted me to practice deploying a boarding party.

A Scabbard full of Marines... there's a joke in there somewhere.

I guess Terrans like crash courses in advance military tactics. They gave me a Scabbard full of Marines ready to board a Vidar. The boarding party was deployed, but didn't have much success the first go around. Eventually the ship was taken and we were ready to head out.

Then I realized, they were giving me this Scabbard and the Vidar! This ship is an M6, a corvette! It can hold five 200 MJ shields, has four turrets (2 up, 2 down) and ten laser bays! The turrets can only house Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannons, and the laser bays can have EMPC or Mater/Anti-Mater Launchers. It's a bit slower than what I was use to, but I am not complaining! Now I just need to find a station that has some shields in stock. And guns... lots and lots of guns!

Oh, you sexy thing!

Damn! I can get the shields, but my reputation with the Terrans isn't high enough to get buy any weapons yet. I could send one of my trucks out here and make a bit of a name for myself, but that'll take too long.

Helping the Terran AGI Task Force has gained me some rep, but they don't run the equipment docks. Still, the ships that they've given me have some EMPC. I'll have to strip them off the Cutlass, Saber, and every Rapier I've gotten.

Need more guns!

After getting my Vidar (mostly) geared up, I jumped to the Moon sector to meet up with the Terrans and we all jumped to a remote sector called Aldran.

Leaving Earth orbit.

Aldran is a rocky mess. There is a huge asteroid or planetoid in the in the middle. We find a few stations and as we get close a ship takes off. It seems that this is a lost Earth colony cut off since the Terraformer war. I won't get into all the boring details, but it seems that these folks have had Terraformers for since they were cut off, but their's never rebelled. Then Winters was found the gate network, the Commonwealth, and Earth. He fooled the Aldran people into giving him control of the Terraformers, and then took off.

The Terrans agree to help capture and turn over control of the CPU ship back to the Aldran people. First we had to clear out a Xenon attack. After the CPU ship was boarded and control handed back over.

CPU

Then I was asked to take a representatives from Aldran to Earth, reuniting the two people. I don't want to sound bitter but when Earth learned about the Argon, they all but told us to stay the hell away. Then they find a colony that still uses Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) and they welcome them with open arms, as lost brothers!? What the hell?

So I drop off the rep, and am rewarded with a Claymore. Still no sign of Winters, no clue to what he was really up to. But I have had it. I just don't understand Terrans.

Earth's Torus Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment