Friday, March 21, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 6: Taking Stock

It was time to take stock of my assets, manage my ships, and reflect on everything that had happened.

My wheat farm was still moving along, making a bit of money. I bought another Merc to sell the wheat. My Merc Tanker was a "Universe Trader" and jumping all over. I also found another cheap Caiman and set it up to be a sector trader in Ore Belt. Hopefully that sector would be as good for this Caiman (Space Truck 2) as it was for my Merc, and I would have a second Universe Trader soon.

I sent the "Disco-1" to set up more satellites. I now have coverage all around the main Argon, Boron, Teladi, and Paranid sectors. When I sent it to start a network near the Argon/Terran boarder, it flew through a Xenon sector and was destroyed. Damn, I liked that little ship. I should have been paying more attention to it.

You will be missed.

Then there were my ships I had acquired while helping the Terrans: three Rapiers, an Adv. Disco, and the Vulture and Caiman I had captured. I wanted to one of the Rapiers to set up satellites in the area, but it was several gates back to Teladi space to get more of the Explorer Command Software. I was also not sure where to get the Trader Mk 3 software this side of the galaxy for the trade ships. After losing the Disco-1 I didn't want to send ships all over without tracking them closely.  I decided to just let these sit for a bit more... maybe sell them off if I can't find a use for them.

While doing all this I was contacted by the Terrans with a new mission. I ignored them for a bit to make sure and set up all my ships how I wanted.

Once again I considered just flying off and forgetting the whole mess. I didn't become a pilot to chase down Transformers, break out Terran spies from Argon bases, attack the Split, or any of the other things that I've done lately. But I knew I wouldn't. The Terrans were getting close, and I hate to leave things unresolved.

Flying through Elysium of Light, I saw a message from an Osamu Avens. It seems the Goner (Argon religious group that revere Nathan R. Gunn, the captain that led the Xenon away from Earth), are looking to build a new temple. They needed ore, lots of ore. I told him I'd take the job but I had some things I needed to handle first.

I took a look at the message from the Terrans. They wanted me to head to the Mars sector....

No comments:

Post a Comment