Sunday, March 16, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 2

Space Truck'n!

Episode 2

Now I got two ships out working for me. One trading and the other mining. So, it was time to start exploring the stars and get some of the universe map filled in.

Make me some money!

I stuck to the Argon core sectors at first, then moved into some of the Boron and Teladi areas, but while doing this I kept noticing that my sector trader kept taking breaks and remaining idle. I assume this was because he couldn't find anything to buy below average or sell above it.

Then, I realized that he might not be having trouble with a limited view of what things cost. I decided to head back and pick up some satellites to plop down in Ore Belt, and the surrounding sectors. After that, things picked up some.

So, I picked up some more satellites and started placing them all around the Argon sectors.

The Disco-1

While finishing up, I came across a fellow that was selling his old Mercury Tanker. It was in pretty rough shape, but I had both the money to buy it and the time to fix it up. Maybe I could use this to do some more trading myself, or set up a second trader to work for me. Sold!

I'll be good as new after a bit of work.

Unfortunately, after getting this fixed up and outfitted, I didn't have the funds left to buy the Trade Mk 3 software. What I could afford though, was a Wheat Farm!

My First Farm.

I set the new Merc to get energy for it, then went back to exploring. But it seemed to fill up with wheat and nobody was buying. So I started to alternate the Merc from buying to selling, Arg, I might have to buy another ship so one can buy and one can sell.

Well, My Disco had some cargo cap, so I figured I could set it up to help, and it was time to get something a little more powerful anyway. And, once again I found a nice deal.

Meet Buster

With two new ships outfitted, a factory, and not a lot of manual trading, I had eaten into my funds at this point. I was also ready for something new, so decided to follow a message I had received about "a sunny place", I went off to find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment