Saturday, March 15, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 1

Space Truck'n!

Episode 1

I began my carrier as a Humble Merchant. This seemed to be the best of the standard starts with two ships, some stating cash, and no ties to a military power (not that that really matters in this game, but ...RP). After a quick change:
... I was off.

I Ignoring the flight training since neither my Discoverer, nor Mercury have any guns, so there is no way to complete it.

I wanted to keep my Disco, but had no use for just yet, so I parked it at a nearby station, then took to the south gate.

Ore Belt, I'd made quiet a bit of money here in previous games, so this was going to be my first stop. I started with Energy Cells, buying as cheap as I could find and seeing if anyone within 2 sectors was buying them for 18+.

After several hauls I flew back to the equipment dock, to get the Trading System Extension software and the Best Buys/Selling Locator software. With these I started hauling Ore from Ore Belt or Herron's Nebula (one of them usually had a mine with Ore under 60 credits), and selling in Argon Prime or Home of Light. Occasionally, when no good price could be found, I'd take a detour into some of the other Argon sectors, but rarely was there a better place to sell.

Space Truck 1
So I hauled ore... and more ore... and more.... I spend some profits (once I could no longer spend every credit on ore) on ship upgrades getting my speed and turning maxed, and started getting my cargo up.

I also began to save. I wanted a second ship to help, and started to look at ship offers from other pilots in the sectors. Then I saw a deal I couldn't pass up.


A Caiman Miner at 60% hull (thus at a decent discount) and I had the credits for it! I bought it and flew my ships to a nearby equipment dock to get outfitted. The Caiman came equipped with a mineral Scanner and Ore Collector. I put some 5-MJ shields, and a Mobile Drilling System. Then I sent it to Cloud Base Southwest to mine and sell.

I had my first autonomous money maker, but I why only have one. I bought the Trade Command Software Mk 3, and set up the Space Truck 1 as a sector trader in Ore Belt.

Now It was time to jump into the Disco and start exploring (and hope that some credits start coming in.)





No comments:

Post a Comment