Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Space Truck'n Episode 5

[SPOILER WARNING: This post continues on the Terran Plot quest]

No, no, no. Things just keep getting worse!

The Terrans wanted me to get a tracking device on the ship before it jumped out of the sector, but there was no way that I was going to head over there without max shields and some form of defensive weapons.  I was going to transfer my jump-drive over and head out, leaving my Buster there to monitor the area (safely docked, as I was not going to sent it to patrol while that Q was still roaming about).

While transferring everything, my ship computer messaged me that one of my stations was under attack! I checked and sure enough, the Solar Energy Factory that I found was surrounded by pirates! I didn't think that anyone would go explore into that sector, and hadn't moved any ships there to defend it. I thought quickly. What if I ordered some Terran ships, and sent them to the Argon Equipment Dock, and.... No. Nothing I could do was going to be able to save it in time. The station was lost.

Nooooooooo!

Uh, why did I get tied in in this whole mess? Part of me just wanted to jump out of there and forget the Terrans, Terraformers, and everything to do with them. I checked my account. Over six and a half million. I could be buying up factories, setting up more sector traders, exploring the stars.... Instead I am doing the dirty work for people that might very well be the greatest threat to my home systems.

Will I live to enjoy it?

Still, there was a problem and I was so close to getting some real answers. I set my jumpdrive to the nearest sector with a medium shield factory and was off.

A few jumps later I returned with 4 25 MJ shields and a dozen fighter drones. With this I could take some fire and prevent destruction from missile fire... at least that was my hope.

Geared up, and ready to go.

We flew in close to the ship, a Split Elephant. This thing could cut me to pieces. I was ordered to plant a tracking device on the ship, so I had to get in close. As soon as I got the go ahead, I took off for the nearest gate, expecting a massive attack. Instead the ship just jumped away. Hm, I guess I was lucky.

Er... don't mind me.

In the next sector I signaled for my Buster to follow, then switched back into it. Next, I met back up with the Terran fleet and I was given a new ship. The Terran Cutlass isn't a half bad. I transferred everything over from my Buster and got ready to follow the fleet in to the unknown sector where the the ship had jumped to.

Could use a paint job, but it'll do.

Next I joined the fleet in an unknown sector and we attacked the Split. During the chaos, one of the Split bailed out, and I was sent in to pick him up. Then it was to the Moon with him.

Need to get one of those!

I don't want to know what the Terrans are likely to do to that poor Split, so I took off. They'd be contacting me soon enough. It was about time I put this whole mess to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment